Every day I try to do an inked sketch. Then with my iPhone, I scan it and alter it so the pencils aren't visible. Here are this week's sketches. I just switched to larger sketchpad, so these images tend to have much more detail in them. On twitter and instagram I post these everyday, if you are looking for some place to follow and get these in your feed.
- Butterflies. It's June and sometimes you just want to watch the butterflies.
- Some character design thoughts. Almost drew an octopus. But Cecaelia also intrigue me. Octopus tentacles have an interesting, fractal vibe to them.
- More hand practice. Some cybernetics too. It all is connected, y;know? I dislike how the fingers ended up on this. I need to do more practice on the hands.
- More #Cyberwood stuff. The project continues, but we still haven't gotten to the point where I can truly say "this is the Cyberwood, enjoy!" Still, I keep using Cyberwood as fodder for my personal practice.
- Butterflies. Again. I know. This one is more of the #Cyberwood kind of butterfly. Fire not necessary. But it makes it more awesome. Obviously.
- The wolf will always be my sigil. Somehow I managed to get the essence of that this week. Neat to get that sort of thing done.
- Mountains for today. These come up a lot in my art. They are a core feature because I live in the American West, and like some other regions in the world, mountains are something I always expect in the background. Flatter places have always... seemed bland to my head.
Artwork on this page is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. That means you can use these images however the heck you want, as long as you use the same license and attribute back to me.